In November 2020, we launched a mobile App in Ivory Coast with a Visa card for cash deposit, online and offline payment, peer to peer transfer and transfer to other mobile money wallets. Today, we enable thousands of users to do so and we are growing rapidly. Our goal is to create transparent and affordable banking solutions to enable millions of people to access financial inclusion, where less than 25% of the population is banked.
We are backed by world-class investors including Y Combinator Partech, Kima and Norskeen.
To support our growth, we are looking for our future Treasurer
The main mission of the treasurer is to make cash flow more fluid, more reliable and secure. The treasurer is responsible for the Djamo's security and financial and economic commitments.
We’re looking for a treasurer who has extensive experience in handling cash and working with Cash In Transit companies.
In this role, you'll be responsible of:
- Cash disbursements and rebalancing between our banking partners
- Users' and agents' account funding verification and approvals
- Cash re-balances based on limits or as need be, in the course of the day
- Bank deposit/withdrawals as instructed by the treasury team
- Support in the coordination of liquidity operations in the area
- Maintaining daily reconciliation of main Electronic money balance with daily reports
- Ensuring that all cash management transactions are correctly recorded in the treasury systems
- Report immediately any cash discrepancy or challenges encountered to the manager
- Report strategies of how to ensure optimal rebalancing options while limiting the risk for the business
- Any other tasks as directed by the manager
The profile you are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a Finance or Management related course
- Are discrete and have a high level of integrity.
- Have high prioritisation skills
- Are excited about being in the field and being hands on
- Have developed useful systems to complete your work and conducted trainings, as well as implemented them in the field
- You always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection.
Type of contract
Permanent contract CDI (3 months trial period)
The advantages of working at DJAMO
- Health insurance with 80% coverage
- A stimulating work environment
- The opportunity to participate in the evolution of a startup that has the ambition to rapidly expand throughout French-speaking Africa.
- A collaborative work environment, with a strong team spirit
- A culture focused on continuous employee development
We will consider all applications on the same basis. Djamo Cote d'ivoire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Industry: Mobile Financial Services