Djamo is a technology company that powers a banking system accessible to all. We process KYC, fraud, bank deposits, and transfers. Nearly every system we operate interacts with sensitive financial data, making security a top priority at Djamo.
You will work directly with internal and external stakeholders to define security requirements, build security into designs, provide guidance on new and existing technologies, and champion security initiatives.
About the Role
We are looking for a staff infrastructure engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with technologies and hardware, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. At Djamo you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure using the latest technology. You must ensure all the IT systems that support businesses of any size function efficiently. Additionally, you may also support and develop specific platforms and will concentrate on unifying communications, messaging, and identity toward a seamless user experience.
To succeed in this role you must have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills, and extensive knowledge of data laws.
- At least 5 years of experience in reliability engineering, software engineering, or systems engineering.
- Experience setting up new environments and refactoring at the infrastructure level to reach new standards.
- Expert knowledge of AWS, and Terraform and great skills with Docker.
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), and systems.
- Good exposure to security best practices, bonus: experience working with security constraints such as PCI DSS.
- Fluency in English, and basic French is a plus.
- Ideal candidates will also have experience in project management and giving professional presentations.
- Move from the MVP to the scalable on the infrastructure level.
- Communicate potential needs for more people to work on our infrastructure, and help define the profiles.
- Guarantee a high-security level at the network level and all operational tools (logging, auditing, immutability…).
- Work closely with the engineering teams to help Djamo pass security audits and get certified.
- Continue and improve the automation to sustain/increase the deployment frequency in production.
- Set up observability and alerting tools.
- Work in an environment where the infrastructure that surrounds us doesn't scale: we can scale, but our partners can't. Find solutions and work on the setup to mitigate this issue.
- Optimize cost without degrading performances.